View Single Post
Old 23-02-2020, 18:48   #38
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
Re: Tyson Fury Vs Deontay Wilder 2

The majority of my boxing views come from DAZN. So that's straight out of the window. As for Matchroom. It's no coincidence they're making record bank. Usyk, Joshua, Mike Garcia. Infact 18 current world champions.

It's hard to avoid Matchroom boxing when the rest of the Heavyweight division just aren't relevant right now and the only two outside that relevance scale are a single Top Rank and Warren fighter in Fury and Wilder.

Name a single heavyweight outside that scope right now. I can't not discuss four fighters that just so happen to be ranked 1, 2, 3 and 4 in numerous rankings just because they're matchroom boxers.

It's not even really opinion either. There's only a single heavyweight in the world I'd place in the top p4p rankings and its Usyk.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boxi...pound_rankings

Appears to be a distinct lack of Heavyweights.

The simple reality of the situation is the best fighters in the world aren't at heavyweight and outside the top 7 the Heavyweight division is still massively irrelevant. There's 5 Matchroom fighters, one of which holds 3 of the four main world titles. One is p4p top 5 in the world of any weight class and the other three are all mandatory challengers for world titles. The other two as above are Warren and Top Rank.

If you think it's Matchroom oriented. Go find my attacks on how crap I think Kell Brook is, with or without a world title.

This is exactly what happens every time people turn up in trumps for a single big heavyweight fight.

But aye for reference sake because this is somehow necessary because of the lack of reasoning on how boxing politics or rankings work.

My current favourite watch is Errol Spence Jr. Followed by Lomachenko, Mikey Garcia, Anthony Joshua, Daniel Dubois, Joe Joyce, Derek Chisora, Usyk, Canelo Alvarez, Gennady Golovkin, Daniel Jacobs, Jorge Linares, Rungvisai. I'll tune in for a top Fury fight or a decent Wilder fight (Ortiz/Breazeale) You can't have threads for most of these because strangely everyone seems to disappear unless it's Fury, Wilder or Joshua. Dodgy that. So aye. Crucify me for bringing Matchroom boxers into a casual fight thread in a division predominantly stacked with the very same fighters. You can find umpteen boxers from various promotions in the original MMA thread and Boxing/MMA Cross thread. Notable praise for David Haye bringing boxing to FTA rather than Sky Sports. I can't bash Eddie Hearn at heavyweight, I operate on facts not opinion and the fact is he's got top ranked heavyweights and quite simply revived and made the Heavyweight division relevant again in the UK after Fury ditched the sport following his win to Wlad, opinions are opinions but stats don't lie. Come down to the 147-155 divisions and I'll hammer Eddie hearn everyday of the week. I criticised Warren for wasting Kell Brooks talent but Hearn is desperately trying to sell the guy, notably trying to con the British public that Kell Brook and Amir Khan fighting each other on box office is totally worth buying. It isn't and that's Hearn at his snakiest. Do you think I bothered getting off my arse to watch Kell Brook on Sky Sports the other week? Arguably Kid Galahad was the most exciting fight on that card but I never tuned in because I'm tired of Hearn and Sky trying to flog us a dead horse just to build up that rubbish Khan fight that'll inevitably sell out when the boxing causal British public empty their pockets to watch the pile of crap. The only solid bias and opinion I have for Matchroom is I'd much rather have Joshua there than with Warren, Golden Boy or Top Rank. Fury is absolutely a product of his own making. Frank Warren had absolutely nothing to do with it. The guy could literally self promote and still make money.

I keep saying it and I'll keep repeating. Joshua vs Fury is the biggest fight in heavyweight boxing right now and possibly the biggest fight in boxing for change. That's naff all to do with Hearn, Warren, Sky or BT. It's just two fighters that both hold every world title between them.

The best outright boxing fight is Fury vs Usyk.

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 23-02-2020 at 20:24.
adzii_nufc is offline   Reply With Quote