View Single Post
Old 19-10-2004, 16:18   #65
ZrByte
Inactive

ZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appeal
ZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via MSN to ZrByte
Re: Science Fiction & Fantasy Snippets

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthYoda
I think they are trying to keep some of the original stuff in it eg the ships and characters names.
There is a hell of a lot of similarities, The main difference is that in this series instead of the cylons wining the war that the original series was about we faught to a stalemate, then the Cylons went into hiding and came back bigger and badder than ever.

The only main differences between this and the original are...
The original war didnt go as one sided as it did in the original series.
Everyone is 50 years younger, basicly just so they could use known names from the original series.
The Galactica is smaller (At least it looks that way), though I think this was to make it look less like a crockodile and more like a millitary ship.
The colony of the 12 government seems sickeningly identical to the american Government of today.
They dont really believe Earth exists.
They have lost the Egyptian them that Galactica had in the original, shame since I liked that, it gave them a link to our past

im interested to see if they get back to Earth or not. I wonder if it is going to be like voyager with the main plot forever being about getting to Earth? or if it will be like the original where they stumble accross us and the rest of the series will be about Earth & Galactica?
Im also wondering what state we will be in technologically, will it be now? will it be the 1980's? will it be the near future? or will it be the distant future?
ZrByte is offline   Reply With Quote