Thread: 4K UHD on Virgin Media
View Single Post
Old 18-05-2019, 13:53   #1045
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Re: UHD on Virgin Media

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
It would be interesting to see the viewing figures for the Virgin Media UHD channel. Although it broadcasts only during peak times, when it is on air, everything seems to be very watchable and there are no commercials at all. I've been watching Start Up, The Art of More, Shut Eye and some of the nature programmes on it, and it's very good. It's a shame that there is not more prominence given to the schedules, and made clearer that you don't need a 4K TV to watch it.

This is tonight's schedule.

7.10pm Great Parks of Africa
8.00pm Aerial America
9.00pm House of Cards
9.55pm Masters of Sex
10.50pm Peter Gabriel: Back To Front - Live at the O2
12.30am Paramount Movies Spotlights

Other good series on the channel this week include Legion, Bloodline and Absentia. Try as I might, I cannot find sufficient programmes of similar quality next week on Sky One that I would want to record. If I'm blunt about it, there is absolutely nothing on that channel worth recording at present.apart from Jamestown (which my wife likes, although it's a bit too sugar coated for me) and SEAL Team. I'm assuming that's good but haven't started watching it yet.
I was slightly surprised when VM launched their Ultra HD channel that they didn't make it available to all their customers. I can understand wanting to have something exclusive to the higher packages, but I thought Box Sets are better in that respect. I'd quite happily watch it downscaled to HD.

I suspect the reason VM don't have LoveNature in 4K is so they can use its content on their own channel, I'm perfectly happy watching LoveNature in SD as it still looks good upscaled.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote