Thread: 4K UHD on Virgin Media
View Single Post
Old 18-05-2019, 11:14   #1044
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: UHD on Virgin Media

It would be interesting to see the viewing figures for the Virgin Media UHD channel. Although it broadcasts only during peak times, when it is on air, everything seems to be very watchable and there are no commercials at all. I've been watching Start Up, The Art of More, Shut Eye and some of the nature programmes on it, and it's very good. It's a shame that there is not more prominence given to the schedules, and made clearer that you don't need a 4K TV to watch it.

This is tonight's schedule.

7.10pm Great Parks of Africa
8.00pm Aerial America
9.00pm House of Cards
9.55pm Masters of Sex
10.50pm Peter Gabriel: Back To Front - Live at the O2
12.30am Paramount Movies Spotlights

Other good series on the channel this week include Legion, Bloodline and Absentia. Try as I might, I cannot find sufficient programmes of similar quality next week on Sky One that I would want to record. If I'm blunt about it, there is absolutely nothing on that channel worth recording at present.apart from Jamestown (which my wife likes, although it's a bit too sugar coated for me) and SEAL Team. I'm assuming that's good but haven't started watching it yet.
OLD BOY is online now   Reply With Quote