View Single Post
Old 13-03-2019, 18:27   #649
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
Re: Linear is old tech - on demand is the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
I think Amazon were just testing the waters with grabbing that package of matches, but the real money will be made if they really go for it in the future and outbid Sky and BT for top premiership packages.

On paying for different streamers, if anyone wants all content at all times, then it will get very expensive, but if most people are prepared to cherry pick what streamers they want in any given period, it maybe much cheaper than today's pay tv bundles.

The only caveat I'd add to that, is sport. If sport is on several different streamers and people want to watch all their live sports, which I'd imagine they'd want to rather than watching things several months after they've been shown, that could become hideously expensive. I'm interested to see what Disley does with sports streaming considering they own ESPN.
It will be interesting to see what Disney does with ESPN sports streaming. Their venture into the UK linear tv market did not end well despite all the money they have they simply could not make it pay.