View Single Post
Old 20-02-2019, 08:11   #14
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Oscar Nominations 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
May I ask why you disliked it so much? Even it's few critics would concede the nominations for cinematography and foreign film.
It is an absolute snooze fest and a boring black and white soap. All the way through it I was looking at the clock watching the time tick away and asking myself why on earth it was made. I actually wish it was released at the cinema and not on Netflix because nobody would pay to go and see it and it would have been trashed. Who wants to watch one minute of a car slowly trying to drive into a corridor, reversing, changing gear and then trying again? Or what felt like 5 minutes of opening credits of somebody scrubbing a floor and water going down a drain? Yes you can say it was a nice family story but there wasn't anything special about it. I am sure you could make a million films like that because that dynamic and those circumstance are happening all over the world every day. Do you want to make a film about me getting up and going to work today. You add in some depression, I woke up this morning to find out I haven't won the euro millions, gaming night has been cancelled tomorrow and I think we should have a 30 minute scene shot from multiple angles of me in the kitchen tonight going through all the cupboards, fridge and freezer in deep contemplation pondering what I should have for tea.......and wait for it........after all that I am going to order dominos pizza. And maybe while I am on the phone I'll have a flirty chat with the girl on the end of the phone and for a brief moment you'll see a different side of me. Oh my god! I don't mind it getting best foreign language film but anything more than that is outrageous and to be honest makes a mockery of the awards season. I wonder argue that it would deter film makers from making good films when rubbish like that is made but luckily they have another incentive. They know that if they make good films people will actually pay to go and see them and that is a reward in itself.

In contrast, I watched Green Book afterwards and I watched it as I would a normal film, was interested in the story and characters and wanted to see what happened.

Last edited by General Maximus; 20-02-2019 at 08:14.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote