View Single Post
Old 01-02-2019, 18:25   #538
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Linear is old tech - on demand is the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
Think you will find a big split between young (watching streaming on their phones and tablets) and old (mainly way pitching linear to channels) generations.

As you have stated 'we are reaching a point at whivpch conventionally broadcast channels will start closing down in significant numbers' I presume the end of the world is nigh.

You cannot hide behind your interpretation of future.
I am not hiding behind anything. I have made it clear from the start that the demise of the linear channels will be complete before 2035. By then, the 50 year-olds of today will be newly retired. How many of them would be unable to handle on demand systems? By then, it will be much easier for them to be able to use the new streaming services anyway. There is no reason why EPGs in the future cannot give access to streaming services in the way they do to channels now. All the oldies without these skills will then have to do is choose the programme they want to watch. How is that difficult?

Incidentally, I do not consider that to be an 'end of the world event' as you put it, just the natural progression of things due to new technology and innovative developments.