View Single Post
Old 23-01-2019, 20:33   #6
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: Oscar Nominations 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
Hollywood is going to be out to make a political statement big time and Roma will win a tonne of Oscars and we'll get tonnes of speeches about the border wall, Trump and inclusivity. Similarly Black Panther will be all about black actors, female actors and black directors.
Other than being set in Mexico there is little to connect Roma to the border wall. Roma doesn't really concern itself with modern day politics and is hyper-focused on the family and the maid that the films about. In fact one nice element of the film is how you see Mexico go under change but it's almost entirely happening in the background of the story. I also like films that took risks and to go from Gravity to a black and white film in a foreign language was a big one for Cuarón. Roma is probably the front runner looking at the odds and I would be happy for it to win.

Other than that I hope Coleman wins Best Actress and Spiderman best animated film.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote