View Single Post
Old 19-02-2023, 16:12   #217
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze
Re: Price rises this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter729 View Post
https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/...y%2Findex.html

From the Daily Mail

As millions tied to cynical deals face extra charges, we urge watchdog to act: Pull plug on phone and broadband giants' price hike rackets... NOW!

The regulator, Ofcom, is looking into this issue, but has only promised to publish its initial findings later in the year. It admitted to The Mail on Sunday that it will not publish them until after this year's price rises have taken effect. That is why today the MoS is calling for:

A ban of mid-contract price hikes;
Customers to be allowed to exit their contract penalty-free if they are not happy with mid-contract increases to their bills;
Ofcom to urgently report its findings before it's too late.
MoS is agreeing with me then, my view is the ISPs can have a choice between monthly or short term contracts which allows them to increase prices often, or long term as they do now with exit fees but the prices are guaranteed for duration, at the moment they allowed to have the best of both worlds which isnt right.

Ofcom part of their remit is to look out for those they regulate, its likely they wont make a decision until after May I think so as to not disrupt the current rises, but if government intervenes due to political pressure then anything could happen.

I do think though VMs approach with the current RTC will be the same as always, cancel the increase via discounts to those who haggle/complain, and take in the extra for those who dont.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote