View Single Post
Old 11-02-2023, 02:01   #109
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Re: Price rises this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmagnifique View Post
You only need a TV licence if you watch and/or record live TV channels and/or use BBC iPlayer. Streaming sites like NetFlix, Amazon Prime and Disney+ don't need a licence.
https://www.gov.uk/tv-licence
Yes, which is still the vast majority, and the 'channels' you watch may never be the BBC.

Also, unless it changed in recent years, you only needed the ability to watch tv channels, even if you never actually did so.
[ or you could prove you only ever watched streaming on your shiny new flat screen ].

iPlayer is an oddity, it asks if you have a licence, but has no way to verify if you say 'yes'. I dont really see how its different to something like Prime.

---------- Post added at 02:01 ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxfordmark View Post
I’m tempted by Sky Stream, 31 day rolling contract. No long term contracts that can increase!
Well presumably they can still increase the 31 day price.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote