View Single Post
Old 03-02-2022, 20:59   #7064
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star
Re: Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
webuyanycar - avoid like the plague!

Selling my old car* (gave it to my son about 18 months ago when I bought the Kodiaq, he gave it back in November when he bought an old Ford Ranger) - I put it up for sale on FB Marketplace and Gumtree, didn’t get much response except for a couple of people offering £2k below asking price.

So, last week I thought I’d try Webuyanycar, carbuyinggroup, and Manheim (part of Autotrader), and got valuations from all of them of around £5.5k (which was what I thought it would fetch) - these valuations were based on all the relevant data (mileage, condition, lots of interior and exterior photos (including any small chips)).

Went to webuyanycar on Tuesday to let them review the car, and they offered £3,871; carbuyinggroup came to the house yesterday, and offered £5,200; Manheim came this afternoon, and offered £5,421 - I accepted this offer, money’s now in the bank.

Looking at reviews of Webuyanycar, apparently 96% of survey respondents said they were offered less than the original amount.

*2013 Focus Estate
I'd have given you £6k, in used £50 notes
Mr K is online now   Reply With Quote