View Single Post
Old 27-02-2004, 12:39   #11
Stuartbe
cf.mega poster

Stuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this point
Stuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Secure Your Wireless Network.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramrod
Netgear wgr614....I'll check about the other stuff
edit....can't see a setting to withold the SSID or to set up a mac filter...
---------------------------------------------

O.K. m8...

Launch Browser and enter http://192.168.0.1

Enter username and password (I do hope you have changed it from the default) The default username and password is - Username admin - password is password.

Click on the wireless link. Look at image 1 for info.

Turn of tickbox " allow broadcast of network name (ssid) " NB - you will need to make a note of this name as if you have set up the clients on the network using autodetection then they will stop working. You will need to enter the ssid or network name on each client. I also recomend that you change the name of the ssid (option above) from the default one.

For mac filtering - Click on the " setup access list " button. Put the mac address of all your wireless cards here. You can find the mac address by using the method in the guide..

Any probs - let me know...

HTH
Stuartbe is offline   Reply With Quote