View Single Post
Old 11-08-2018, 20:28   #11
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Liberty Global second quarter 2018 results

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onramp View Post
It looks like they're not wanting to expand their network so fast.

I would imagine Openreach probably site-scraped all the expansion areas off of Virgin Media's cablemystreet site, so as to call up, make minor account changes, and lock people living in those areas into new 18 month contracts, making it financially un-viable for VM to expand there, while they (Openreach) upgrade the most lucrative of those areas to FTTP themselves and the rest to VDSL2.

If I were VM, I'd not want to waste the original expansion planning that was done, but sit out the 18 months as much as possible while sticking to those plans (the work has been done) but just doing it later on and not revealing to anyone which parts are being done first, this time.
Keep drinking the cool aid. Never read so much drivel.

Open reach's actions, or anyone else's actions has no bearing whatsoever on VM lightning strategy.