View Single Post
Old 13-11-2020, 16:23   #53
Loubear
cf.member

Loubear is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Petition to highlight/embarrass Virgin Media into improving the way that they tre

I recently moved home. I wanted to move my Virgin Media services but found conflicting information about whether Virgin’s services were available at my new property. Properties round the corner from me can get Virgin but my home, Virgin themselves are not sure.

I tried 4 times to speak to someone on Virgin’s online chat. What a joke that is.

Each time I got cut off when apparently they were looking into my account. I called Customer Services and after a half hour, finally spoke to a polite chap. He had to put an order through to the engineering team as he wasn’t sure if I could get services. Was told I would hear back within 48 hours. Well... one week later, nothing!

Tried Virgin’s online chat service again. Just to add, this is after messaging via their text service too. Spoke to a rep and was able to cancel my contract. Explained I couldn’t get services and wasn’t happy paying for services I can’t even receive. Was told my services will end December 2 and they will send me return bags to send back equipment. Brilliant. Or is it...

I have received no email confirmation. No cancellation order is showing on my account and I thought it odd that there was no mention at all of an early termination fee considering I have 15-16 months of my contract left to run.

Just to be safe, I took screenshots of my cancellation conversation from their online chat service. I have no trust at all that my services have indeed been cancelled. Once my monthly bill is taken I am cancelling my direct debit. I’m prepared for war. I will fight this to the death. I have proof that I was using their online chat and what the service rep said.

I am disgusted by Virgin Media’s total lack of customer service integrity. To say it’s shocking is an understatement. Yes we are in unusual times but no company customer service should treat customers with such appalling service. I have lost all trust in Virgin Media. Instead I’m moving to Sky which unfortunately is more expensive but at least I’m able to receive their services at my property.

The best part of this saga was receiving an email the other day from an outsource team asking for feedback about my experience using Virgin Media’s Customer Services. Ha! Well... it wasn’t a positive response for sure.

Last edited by Loubear; 13-11-2020 at 16:29.
Loubear is offline   Reply With Quote