View Single Post
Old 25-01-2021, 11:01   #31
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

Services: Staff MyRates BB: VM XXL TV: VM XL Phone : VM XL
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
Re: Password managers

2FA doesn't always mean password plus device.

Essentially think of security as
something you know (password)
something you have (hardware)
something you are (e.g. fingerprint)

2FA means you need 2 of one of those to authenticate. So you could have a hardware dongle that unlocks with your finger print connected to you PC and that could provide 2FA. But normally it is password plus some other factor.

My issue is more what that other things is. I don't have a mobile phone of my own and don't always have my work one with me. So text message does me no good. I have used Google Authenticator and that's OK if my tablet is with me. You can't seem to set up the same "Authenticator" on multiple devices.