View Single Post
Old 10-11-2019, 19:51   #52
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Re: Freeview channel renumbering and hours changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
I can't wait to see:

-Where E4+1 new multiplex will be (Moves to Film4 +1 old slot D3&4?).
-What will happen to More4 +1 old slot on PSB3 (Use for CBeebies HD and BBC 4 HD?).
-CBS Drama old part time slot on COM6.
-What will happen to NOW 90s old slot on COM8.

Red means that is my own views.
Same. There's a few others on social media that think same as us re: E4+1 and BBC4/Cbeebies HD taking the PSB3 space.

The CBS Drama slot is futher reduced as I believe Sewing Quarter have extended to 6pm on that timeshared channel slot. My guesses are either Blaze+1 ( as they've kept the number with a brief overnight transmission for ages now), or Smithsonian or PBS America, simply as they usually have hour long shows which should finish before the 11pm timeshare end time. FreeSports showing live and/or long content means that slot is inappropriate for them.

E4 will probably take D3&4 in Wales, so existing Wales-only slot on SDN will probably be taken by E4+1 there, which means E4+1's slot will be free. FreeSports, if it is going to take any slot before the temp multiplexes shut down, will surely have to try to get this one.

There's been empty space on COM7 and COM8 for a while, so there's clearly little demand to fill what was there before Now 90s closed, even less so now. It may be that the remaining channels on these two multiplexes will consolidate on COM7 and COM8 will be closed. Some sites for COM7 and COM8 have already been closed over the last year so their coverage has already reduced.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote