View Single Post
Old 09-06-2019, 11:54   #1
Anonymouse
RIP Tigger - 12 years?!

Services: EE Superfast Broadband
Anonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appeal
Anonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appeal
Angry Folding bikes, bags & buses

To explain:

Recently I got tired of the 0.6 mile walk between the bus stop and my workplace, so I bought a folding bike. Problem solved...or so I thought. Last night some moron (the forum won't let me call him what he deserves!) of a driver refused to let me board because the bike wasn't in a canvas bag. What the hell difference that makes I can't imagine. I thought how good he might look in a bag...one of those that comes only in black and zips up!

Thanks to this worthless jobsworth I was nearly late for work - plus walking is rather painful for me at the moment since I was recently in an RTA (definitely not my fault, before anyone asks!) and suffered bruising plus a twisted knee and hip. But I had to walk between bus stop and work because I couldn't take the chance that the next driver wouldn't be as awkward as that one, and therefore I had to leave the folding bike behind. Otherwise I'd have had to wait another 1/2 hour, which would definitely have made me late.

Now to the point. I've looked at bags on Amazon, but they all seem to be designed for bikes whose handlebars fold up as well...and the ones on my bike don't. Is there any way I could get it adapted so they do? Hell, if I could figure a way to do it I'd damn well do it myself - I can use tools with the best of 'em!

Last edited by Anonymouse; 09-06-2019 at 12:02.
Anonymouse is offline   Reply With Quote