View Single Post
Old 13-02-2024, 17:32   #4
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: RIP Steve Wright

In the hilly corner of south west Wales where I went to uni, Radio 1 and Atlantic 252 were the only stations you could reliably listen to (stations of interest to a student in any case). I had his afternoon show on if I was in my room or if I was in the car on a weekday afternoon. I loved the nonsense, I loved the silly characters and I absolutely laughed like a drain whenever his show on Radio 2 in recent years tilted, ever so slightly in that direction (he once tried to do a straight interview with Peter Dickson, who did occasional sketches as Voice Over Man on his radio 1 show in the 90s … it didn’t stay straight for long. I had to pull the car over I was laughing so hard). I was really glad when he got the Pick of the Pops gig as I just knew he was going to do a better job of it than Gambo had, with his excessive interest in whatever was happening in the US charts.

Gone long before his time. Really sad.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote