Thread: General Channel 4 to be privatised
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2022, 19:24   #20
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Channel 4 to be privatised

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I noted the points you made, but they weren’t questions for me to answer. I don’t speak for Nadine or anyone else in government. I notice you didn’t answer my questions either..

---------- Post added at 19:06 ---------- Previous post was at 19:03 ----------

Where are those shows?

---------- Post added at 19:22 ---------- Previous post was at 19:06 ----------

To be fair, Channel 4 has a lot of new series in prime time starting next week, but I wouldn’t call them unique. They could have appeared on any channel, frankly.

A Lake District Farm Shop
Inside the Superbrands
SAS: Who Dares Wins
The Cane Field Killings (yes, I will watch that one)
Dispatches
Travel Man
Derry Girls
Hullraisers
Grand Designs
Naked Attraction’s Best Naughty Bits (oh, please!
Luxury Homes & Gardens for Less
Taskmaster
Hotel Chocolate at Easter

So which of those, watchable though most of them might be, can be described as ‘unique’’? You can find many similar programmes on Sky, and they are not great, frankly.
The shows in that list that I recognise are all shows that were only ever likely to have been made by Channel 4. You undermine your argument somewhat by invoking Sky, which is of course behind a paywall and therefore not providing the public service broadcasting that Channel 4’s defenders claim is at risk from privatisation.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote