View Single Post
Old 12-03-2011, 10:05   #2400
budwieser
cf.mega poster

budwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny star
budwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny star
Re: The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
Got a good set of headphones yesterday.

Went up Tottenham Court Road, figuring that I would find a better selection up there than locally. And, TBH, I did. Tried a few, found a set I liked for £60. I thought I'd look locally just in case, so went to Croydon yesterday.

The shops in the town centre had a huge range of earphones for MP3 players, but in terms of actual over-the-ear headphones, no one were really doing any for less than £80.

Dixons, who usually have a good selection of headphones were only really interested in selling the "Beats by Dr Dre" range. The problem with them is I wanted a brand that is known for manufacturing good quality headphones for studio use, not a brand that isn't (as far as I know) used in studios, but is hyped as being so.

So, I caught the tram to the Purley way (they have a few electronics superstores down there). Went in Best Buy, didn't find a set I liked.

I went in Comet, who did have a good range of headphones, including the one I found on Tottenham Court Road. They also had various ones set up so you could listen to them with a variety of music (Jazz, Classical, Rock, Pop and Hip Hop). I tried various brands (AKG, Sony, Sennheiser and the aforementioned Beats by Dr Dre). Despite being the second most expensive, the Beats headphones sounded cheap on everything, despite being about £100.

The Sennheisers I chose (model HD205, which is also the same model I found up Tottenham Court Road) sounded excellent on all the types, and as a bonus were only £40.
I`ve got the HD485 and they`re really good.
budwieser is offline   Reply With Quote