View Single Post
Old 10-04-2022, 09:10   #383
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: John Malone/Liberty/VM General News Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
I think they do have to.

I go back to what I said yonks ago about Murdoch's comments when he it was announced he was selling out to Disney and his comments went something like, "we used to be the big fish once, but there you go" or words to that affect. Meaning with the likes of trillion and now two trillon dollar companies, Murdoch thought there was zero chance he could compete against them. I think he was right and the same goes for all the rest of Hollywood.

There used to be the Big Six Hollywood companies:Fox, Disney, Warner, Sony, Paramount and Universal and there probably still will be in the future, except the names will be Apple, Amazon, Netflix, Microsoft, Google and perhaps Sony.
Interesting.

Warner Bros Discovery and Disney are now strong enough as they are.

Comcast is getting there so could remain independent unless it decides to split itself up between broadband infeastructure and content.

Sony lacks a streaming arm or US network so a tie-up with Paramount might be logical but could attract a counter-bid from Microsoft, its strong gaming rival.

Google doesn't seem keen on content acquisition yet.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote