View Single Post
Old 09-12-2021, 11:46   #64
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: Owen Paterson: Anger as Tory MP avoids suspension in rule shake-up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
I suspect a large percentage of the public will not really care about a party that may (or may not) have happened 12 or so months ago.

In fact most are probably fed up of the constant media attention of something that really doesnt affect them at all.

I know I am, and dont care about it at all - did they or didnt they, either way it will have zero effect on my day to day life.

I had my Christmas then, pretty much the same as all previous ones (and the same again this year). The Turkey is in the freezer, waiting, and the family is invited (and coming).

I think a large percentage of people do care.

It's the double standard, the hypocrisy and the 'one rule for them, another for us' that upsets people. It's the same reason why the Barnard Castle story had an impact. People expect politicians to be a bit corrupt and dishonest but the feeling of unfairness really angers people.

You had your Christmas, fine, but this same Government had passed laws that could have you seen prosecuted for inviting people. There are people now awaiting court cases for breaching social distancing laws last Christmas. Videos of police breaking up parties. Students were fined £10,000 for having a student party during the lockdown. Yet some of the people who worked on those laws had their own party.

Those people will still end up with criminal records, those students will not be refunded their fines and you're lack of interest in the Government having a party would not have stopped the Government being very interested in you having a party use the law to prosecute for it.

It really doesn't matter what side of the argument you're on when it comes to if those regulations were reasonable or not. What matters is the Government thought they were for you but not for them.

I have said it before. Brexit or Remain, Tory or Labour, us pleps have more in common with each other than the politicians who claim to represent our side because those politicians will screw you and me over to further their own needs any change they get.