View Single Post
Old 09-12-2021, 11:09   #63
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Owen Paterson: Anger as Tory MP avoids suspension in rule shake-up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
I suspect a large percentage of the public will not really care about a party that may (or may not) have happened 12 or so months ago.

In fact most are probably fed up of the constant media attention of something that really doesnt affect them at all.

I know I am, and dont care about it at all - did they or didnt they, either way it will have zero effect on my day to day life.

I had my Christmas then, pretty much the same as all previous ones (and the same again this year). The Turkey is in the freezer, waiting, and the family is invited (and coming).
The trouble is this does affect people. As we saw yesterday, Johnson strove to distract from the party by announcing further restrictions.

No 10 has repeatedly insisted it would not have enough evidence about the Omicron variant until next week to decide if new restrictions were needed. And only this Tuesday Raab had said “We don’t think Plan B is required.”