View Single Post
Old 17-05-2021, 13:37   #8
MikeyB
cf.geek

Services: BT FTTP, Humax Foxsat HDR Freesat+
MikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud of
Re: What's a good ISP for just internet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Fibre to the premises is still very rare across the UK as a whole, and unless they’re offering significantly better than 150Mb down
Agree that the rollout of FTTP is not great yet, but always more areas are coming online with it.
When I was looking around at providers there were a few who were willing to sell me 1Gps down & up, just cost a bit more than £39 per month!
As it is with BT I can go 900/110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
an urban 4G connection is still faster if the operator has upgraded the local cell tower for 256QAM.
I'm sure the potential for 4G is better than my experience, have done speed tests on Android phones & iPhones and none get near 2Mbs down where I live, which is very much urban, again a different operator may be better, but haven't tried that as yet.

But as always, it depends where you live and what is available to suite your needs.

Last edited by MikeyB; 17-05-2021 at 13:40.
MikeyB is offline   Reply With Quote