View Single Post
Old 14-05-2021, 11:47   #15
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Re: Added TV service now reduced to 100Mbps from 200mbps

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Is it really that long? I had heard about it, but never looked into it as I was happy with Virgin Mobile. Then, as is usually the case with VM, a relatively simple matter is ignored and has to be escelated. When they had the cheek to finally contact me, not about my issue, but with a price rise I started doing price comparisons and found that they had been overcharging me!

I eventually got a refund of the overcharged amount and some compensation, but they lost my custom anyway. If they had of dealt with the relatively trivial matter at the time none of this would have happened & I would probably have still been with them! I'm saving money, so in a strange way they did me a favour

When I feel up to it i'm going to go through our few remaining business contracts that we still have with VM.

---------- Post added at 22:13 ---------- Previous post was at 22:06 ----------

Good for you! We now have the option of Cityfibre, so i'll be looking to see what they have to offer when my VM contract expires. Whilst reading the huge number of people complaining about the shocking VM CS on the web, many say that they only put up with it because they need the speeds that VM offer.

Cityfibre etc have clearly seen this gap in the market, otherwise why spend money building their own network? To use a railway metaphore, it would be pointless building a railway track in parallel to the existing line if everybody was happy with the incumbent!

Er - HS2?

On VM, I suppose I’m lucky with my VM services. I’m under no illusion, though, that were service quality poor, I’d have plenty to grumble about.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote