Thread: Virgin Mobile Price Increase
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2021, 19:47   #13
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Mobile Price Increase

It all depends what you want/need/can afford. Some people like to use PAYG, others prefer to obtain & phone and service from the same supplier on a pay monthly basis and some like to buy the phone outright and pay monthly for a service only SIM.

I found the most cost effective method for me was to buy the phone myself (wanted Samsung) and enter into a SIM only deal on a rolling monthly contract.

I found the best PAYG to be 1p Mobile, the best handset/SIM deal to be from Tesco and the best SIM only with Lebara at £2.50 per month (£4.38 average over 12 months)

If you plug your requirements into this independent site, it will tell you the best deals available:

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/cheap-mobile-finder/

You'll soon see that the best deals are not from the better known companies (including Virgin Mobile), but with the lesser know companies who don't tend to use those dreadful (but cheap for them) offshore call centres. Messing me about & being rude to me was the best thing that Virgin Mobile staff ever did for me as it prompted me to end my inertia and look at what else was out there and i'm saving a lot of money

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 09-05-2021 at 19:59. Reason: Spelling.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote