View Single Post
Old 07-05-2021, 15:07   #474
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
Re: Huge fire at West London tower block

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
In my experience, there’s a high correlation between randoms on the internet who claim to do their research, and those who haven’t a clue how to actually do research.

You have insufficient evidence to support your claims. That’s the only useful fact here.
I have plenty of evidence of the OFFICIAL kind. Certainly NOT from the opinion of a random person and most definitely not from the media.
I have previously supplied all the evidence, and of course it's ignored because it doesn't fit the bogus agenda.
Are you denying that the cladding panels aren't thin(ie a few mm)?

Are you denying the insulation at Grenfell was only rated for use above a certain height, if and only if, surrounded by non-combustible material? Are you denying that the insulation is used on smaller buildings?

Did I make up the 100mm and 150mm thickness of insulation or did I look up the planning documents? Did I make up the restrictions on use of the insulation, or did I look up the manufacturers advice and that of the Royal Institute of British Architects(RIBA)? Take a wild guess.

---------- Post added at 15:07 ---------- Previous post was at 14:49 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
https://www.thejournal.ie/grenfell-t...71900-Oct2019/

The inquiry report thought otherwise…
That WOULDN'T explain how any fire reached back into other flats bridging an air gap(between cladding and insulation), 100mm of insulation, and concrete walls.
Quote:
But it wasn't just the cladding.

Celotex, which made the thick insulation boards used, said their product, when used with cement boards, would be "class zero throughout".

The point being, cement boards WEREN'T used, therefore the insulation was a fire risk.
The designers would've seen the manufacturers comment of it being the only similar insulation material legally allowed in building above a certain height. It was listed as such on the Royal Institute of British Architects(RIBA) website. I checked it at the time. The designers didn't look any further into what design restrictions came with that claim from the manufacturers.

In this recent example there appears to have been NO or little spreading of the fire.
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote