View Single Post
Old 09-01-2005, 03:31   #1
Simcut
Inactive

Services: 120mbit Virgin Media Cable Sky Digital Package (Sky+)
Simcut has a spectacular aura about themSimcut has a spectacular aura about themSimcut has a spectacular aura about themSimcut has a spectacular aura about them
Unhappy Problem with MIRC and MSN on new router, please help

Hi guys,

first of all, happy new year to all of you!

Secondly, I have finally got round to setting up the wireless network in my house, if I briefly say that the cable point in the wall is in my sister's room when we moved here 9 weeks ago and I used to have my PC in her room but I have moved mine into my room and have built her's up and which is working fine at the moment. The only problem is the router. I have bought a US Robitics Turbo Access Point & Router as well as a PCI Card with an Antenna on for my machine. I am able to use the internet on my PC but I am only getting a signal strength of 75% max and I am an avid gamer and I use my connection a hell of a lot and currently the performance isnt all that, I have tried to move the router as far away from the monitor and PC as possible but I am still not seeing much of an improvement, should I also move the router away from the cable modem as much as I can? I am talking literally 5 metres apart, I would've thought strength would be more than 75%.

I am also experiencing problems sending and receiving files on MIRC, even when I have checked the port range in MIRC > Options > Advanced and have configured it on my setup area, I also have problems sending and receiving files on MSN as well as having voice communications on MSN.

Please can someone help me resolve the issues? It's driving me crazy, I've spent a heck of a lot of money and currently for my PC in my room where I'd use it a hell of a lot more than my sister would use her's I am not getting the performance I should be getting

Thanks very much guys.
Simcut is offline   Reply With Quote