View Single Post
Old 17-10-2020, 09:47   #3484
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
Re: Will Scotland Leave the UK?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
UK Government debt is £2 trillion. Scotland are being 'permitted' to borrow not more than £3bn. I just did the sums - I know that's a revolutionary thought as others regurgitate nonsense.

You should join the jfman Economics 101 lectures I'm giving Old Boy in the Coronavirus thread. You may find them insightful.

If England are so bothered about propping up Scotland why don't unionist parties just say - good luck, best wishes and laugh as they leave? But no we get lies, bitterness and deception. It's almost like their claims aren't true.
A very large chunk of that "£2 trillion" went to Scotland. Especially if you consider the time before North Sea oil. They are responsible for that. Scots Blair, Brown, and Darling were also responsible for another large chunk of it, ie borrowing from 2002 onwards,

Your claim that Scotland couldn't independently choose to borrow is false. England has to also borrow large amounts on Scotland's behalf, at much lower bond yields(interest rates) than Scotland would ever get by itself.

England would never be allowed to get a say on this or indeed anything else. We're not allowed democratic control.
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote