View Single Post
Old 14-10-2020, 20:30   #3438
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Will Scotland Leave the UK?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
I believe what they have to show for it is.......a nation, hollow or not. As it was 2no. World Wars that near bankrupted us. The 1st doing the most damage, followed by the Great Depression and then the 2nd.

I’m not sure the alternative, certainly 2nd time around the 1st we shouldn’t have been involved in, would have been conducive For anyone and considering the alternative was certainly worth the money.
Hmmm. I'm not sure selling off every meaningful state asset chasing a low tax economy was totally unavoidable - certainly the Scandanavian countries have taken a different approach and seem happy enough. Plenty of assets, a happy population.

We've got a miserable population, trying to ensure that misery transcends to future generations, I'm guessing because the national psyche has a sense of missed opportunity and denial. However, that's I'm sure beyond the scope of the Scottish independence thread.

---------- Post added at 20:30 ---------- Previous post was at 20:29 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
Well those Scots, Blair Brown, and Darling were happy with it.
Give me their wages and pension pots and I'll vote to stay. I'll even make after dinner speeches on the subject for thousands a go. I do a great Mr T impersonation too.
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote