View Single Post
Old 05-12-2018, 16:38   #4809
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Just hope they're easier to navigate than the current boxsets.

Unlike Netflix or Amazon Prime, there seems to be no easy way to browse them that I can see, but you have to go into Episode 1 and then scroll through the whole thing to skip to further episodes.

If I'm doing it wrong, happy to be corrected!
You can search the programme and then pick the appropriate episode you want to see. I agree, it could be better!

---------- Post added at 16:30 ---------- Previous post was at 16:26 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Pretty good OB but what is disappointing for many BBC viewers is the amount of series they made where the rights have been sold on to other companies.
If they were sold on as 'exclusives', I agree, but they may have retained the right to make them available on the i-Player as well.

---------- Post added at 16:35 ---------- Previous post was at 16:30 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Isn't the other way around though?

The BBC are required to commission shows from independent producers, but in such a way that those producers retain the rights to the shows, rather than the BBC.
Yes, I think you are right on that, which is a shame, but I suppose needs must. I think that arrangement might be cheaper for the BBC, which would mean they could commission more shows for their channels.

However, with the need to compete with SVOD services and the fact that scheduled tv will diminish over the coming years, they may have to review their strategy.

---------- Post added at 16:38 ---------- Previous post was at 16:35 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
OB both Sky and VM have been delivering live TV over IP for a good while with their TV Anywhere , Sky Go and Now TV products.
I know, MM, but what I am saying is that TV over the internet will increase with time. Plans are already being made by some satellite broadcasters for the day when broadcasts will no longer be delivered this way.

https://advanced-television.com/2018...irectv-owners/