View Single Post
Old 16-12-2018, 18:27   #4854
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
I agree that there will be further mergers within the media/tech sector, including perhaps the one you suggest.

But I but disagree with you about the impact, the loss of content on Sky's platform would have. I don't dismiss this as easily as you and even if its just one company (Disney/Fox) that pulls content from Sky, that is still 40% of all Hollywood films.

It is still cheaper to buy in someone else's content than making stuff yourself, especially with regards to drama.
I've already told you I don't buy into all this removal of third party content from platforms but I'll go along with you for now.

You are suggesting Disney/Fox , Warner Media , Comcast/Sky all go alone with streaming products direct to the consumer.

You then go on to discuss problems for Sky so what happens to Virgin and BT how do they survive ?

In TV the big global players will be the following in my opinion

Disney/Fox
Comcast
Warner Media
Amazon
Netflix