View Single Post
Old 15-08-2018, 10:04   #979
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star
Re: Virgin Media & UKTV+ITV Channels

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I don’t buy this recurring comment about the long term damage done over the UKTV issue. Most people will forget about this with a little time, and most of those thinking of leaving last week, in the end will not be bothered to do so. They now have more channels and more OD than before, so why should they?

And all the discounts/credits they have been giving out very freely over the last few weeks ?

From MSE:-
Quote:
Mark told us: "I stayed calm, explained my views and have managed to get the same package for £13 a month less. The first agent wasn't helpful so I asked to speak to someone else, then repeated my views and the result was a price reduction."

Vicki said: "I spoke to Virgin yesterday and managed to cancel my whole contract with no fees and I was still in contract till March 2019."

Kevin said: "We have contacted Virgin Media today – my wife was particularly disappointed to lose access to Dave and Gold – and we now have a revised contract at £19.50/mth less."

Anna said: "I followed the MSE guidance and managed to reduce my bill by £16/mth. I was determined to be the nicest call that the operator had received today as I'm sure the call centre staff are having a miserable time right now. It never costs anything to be polite."

Andy told us: "Just called Virgin. They offered me £50 credit, a reduced monthly bill and offered me Sky Movies (£30) for free."

Jake said: "I contacted Virgin Media to advise them of my disappointment. They have upped my broadband speeds from 54 to 108Mbps free of charge, they have extended my free Sky Sports package from three to six months and have kept my subscription at the introductory rate of £29/mth until further notice."
https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/ne...youre-affected

Not complaining as I've done very well aswell , especially as the channels have come back anyway But this will have made a dent in VMs income and not done its image any good to potential customers. Sorry, but the 'Chief Clown' needs sacking....
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote