View Single Post
Old 10-08-2020, 17:51   #7915
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I would have expected nothing less from you, jfman. Negative, negative, negative.

Speaking for myself and my wider family, the streaming services have improved our viewing considerably.

If the streamers can reduce costs for the consumer, how is this a bad thing?
I agree with you about the limited viewing times on Now TV! Trust Sky to ruin the SVOD experience.
That is of course a big if. You also can’t ask a question that’s fundamentally about economics and not expect an answer comprehensively grounded in it.

Others in the thread have questioned why one streaming company would offer a plethora of competing products, a legitimate question as it has the potential to remove economies of scale that have to date, in every major pay-tv market, made packages and bundles by far the most popular products in the marketplace.

Are you still paying for the top package Virgin offers? If so, with someone as enthusiastic about streaming as yourself clinging to traditional pay-tv offerings, it begs the question how and when the market gets shaken up.