View Single Post
Old 06-05-2020, 13:50   #1276
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Linear is old tech - on demand is the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
If the terrestrial and pay TV channels are to survive in the future, they will have to pay more attention to the revenues side of their operations. ITV has taken measures to be less reliant on advertising, but even now, their woes continue when advertising revenues decline.

Despite some believing that pay tv channels will survive even with a reduction in advertising, I think this has its limits. There are only so many efficiences that you can make without leading to a decline in output.

To my mind, ITV's continuing difficulties tell me that traditional TV has its days numbered.

https://www.rapidtvnews.com/20200506...#axzz6Leubj4ud
Yes, that certainly plays to your mindset, Old Boy.