View Single Post
Old 08-04-2020, 14:36   #2798
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: [Updated] The UK’s future relationship with the EU

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
Absolute nonsense Old Boy.

You seem quite schizophrenic about this one. I say we've left and you are first to point out that we still follow EU rules and it's not really leaving.

Wherher you can recognise it or not is irrelevant.

Name a single thing I've named above that isn't true. Do we not need new fisheries policies, agricultural policies, border control and a position on tariffs for EU goods?

I'm not inventing these things Old Boy. It's observable reality that these things are required.

You have that view because of your simplistic outlook driven solely by your ideology and a misapprehension that politics is driven by personality alone. Are Raab or Gove less committed to getting a trade deal by the end of this year? Of course not. They wouldn't be in the cabinet otherwise.

I'd be at the front of the queue happy if a deal were concluded. I think it's wholly unrealistic, and the contingency is perfectly reasonable for a short extension.

As I've said a million times you cannot even name a rule the EU intend to bring in next year.
Of course we've left the EU. We are in a withdrawal period whereby we continue to be subject to EU rules and the ECJ. Why did you think that was an issue for me? This is a transition period so that we can prepare ourselves properly for the break at the end of the year.

You say we need to have fisheries policies in place. They are our damned fish, actually, we don't need to agree them with the EU! All these policies are likely to have been drafted some time ago. It may be that we will make some changes during the course of these negotiations, but the government knows what it wants to achieve.

As far as tariffs for goods is concerned, we want no tariffs, and nor does the EU. And if the EU applies them to our exports to them, we will apply them to their exports to us. Guess who would lose more?

The thing is, this has been said before. What is it you don't get? Or are you arguing for the sake of it? I know, I must perish the thought...