View Single Post
Old 17-07-2019, 09:24   #5666
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

That was my thinking, old boy, coupled with targeted ads where Amazon know what people like and then sell adverts (making money) to specific advertisers and then make more money by flogging whatever goods from their site and that's all assuming that Amazon didn't just charge a subscription rate similar to what Sky/VM/BT do now.

I don't see how a trillion dollar company with more data on people than anyone else, will struggle compared to an existing pay tv company such as Sky.

And don't forget all those overpriced football kits to be flogged by them too along with a multitude of other merchandising.

As I said, the sports pay tv market is already there, created by MUrdoch. The customer base is already there, most people already have smart tvs, firetv sticks etc to access Amazon's Prime app. It should be a "doddle" to convert those Sky/BT/Vm sports customers to themselves.

And yes, it does depend on how its packaged, which I think Amazon will need to undercut existing prices to encourage the wholesale move of sports customers to them.

Last edited by Horizon; 17-07-2019 at 09:29.