View Single Post
Old 29-08-2009, 10:50   #7
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Freeview and the ghost Channels -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Kymmy ... I don't wish to burst your bubble here but there's no such thing as a 'digital' antenna as such.
No fear there Chris

I use Digital antenna as it has become very much to mean an antenna with a higher gain and frequency bandwidth (your color code of black) than the older antenna's used purely for analogue. The digital signal is spread along using more spot frequencies than the old 5 channels so the 'digital' antenna's tend to be more capable of recieving all the signal at the same gain.

I suppose it should really be 'digital compatible antenna' but yes there is very little difference but even a small difference in the design of a yagi can effect the gain, tuned frequency, bandspread and front to back ratio.

[edit] Something the OP has to remember is that digital signals are more susceptable to breaking up on lower signal strengths than analogue due to the nature of the signal
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote