Thread: UK Timeline Doctor Who
View Single Post
Old 20-11-2018, 11:00   #462
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: Doctor Who

I personally like it when the Doctor has to think his or her way through a problem. That's one reason why I liked the "Day Of The Doctor", because it changed the Timewar story so that the Doctor didn't just kill his entire race (a story I was never really comfortable with, after all, this is a character that doesn't even like Guns), but solved the problem another way. I know he used the Sonic Screwdriver to do it, but he still thought the problem through.

The problems with the screwdriver are that the writers do tend to use it as a magic solution to everything, even instances where the doctor could maybe build a gadget..
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote