Thread: UK Timeline Doctor Who
View Single Post
Old 19-11-2018, 16:57   #459
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: Doctor Who

Well, it's worth remembering that the original justification of the time travel element of the show was to provide an interesting way to teach history to kids. Something which Doctor Who has rarely done.

Chibnall seems to be doing that more than either Davis or Moffat.

I think this series has generally been excellent, with yesterday's being the weakest episode, but still good.

I do agree with Paul that they are overusing the Sonic screwdriver though. I think we need a show runner who does what John Nathan-Turner did in the 80s, and destroy it in such a way that it's out of action for a few stories. New Who in general has relied too much on the Sonic Screwdriver having a magic setting to do anything the Doctor needs it to. JNT said in an interview that he did destroy it because he thought the writers were relying on it too much.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote