Thread: UK Timeline Doctor Who
View Single Post
Old 23-10-2018, 04:45   #434
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Re: Doctor Who

Yes, I'm sure the Twits loved it, thats not much of a recomendation my book.

And yes, it was basically just a soapbox rant about racism, I presume you didnt miss the obvious dig at current policing ?
(and lets not forget last weeks anti war digs)

Shame because it could have been a good story about non inteference.

What about the (so called) villian, who managed to escape some high security prison but seemed totally incompetant at stopping anything in 1955, and then just got handily sent to the past (and how did the companion suddenly know how to control, set and use that advanced gun/device).

And if sent to the past, how come he (obviously) hasnt changed anything else, so history has just merrily carried on as if he never existed.

Three episodes in and this feels nothing like Doctor Who to me.
I dont know how to put this but find I have no "investment" with the main charecter, if this doctor were in peril, I would not feel bothered.
If the Doctor died, it would just be "meh". The companions are more interesting an appealing that the main character now, esp Bradley Walsh's.
(Even so, its a sad testiment that after theee episodes, I cannot remember any of their names in the programme, which is a first).

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote