View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 11:22   #173
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: Will Scotland Leave the UK?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
Not true in my case.

Healthcare - I pay for GP ,Hospital, scripts (all private)
Education - Grand children private schools If and when Uni -that will be paid for - guess by then no "state" help will be in place
Bus pass - do not have one.
Social services- not used
Library- not used since Kindle came on the market
Fly first class - so pay extra tax for that. Just to have a better seat !!! On top of paying tax on what I earn.
State pension - will not claimed when of age. The less I appear on "state radar" the happier I am.
Tax paid at highest rate. In France ,USA & UK. Money earned in each country stays in that country.
As far as "pay back" is concerned I lose. So please take it personally when I moan about Welfare , NHS or the government giving my money to countries that send up rockets but their people starve. and the reason despite not being happy about the man Mitt Romney will get my vote.

As Scotland only costs "me" money - GOOD BYE & good luck

Well Mitt Romney doesn't decide British economic policy regardless. I still never understood why you claim to have been disappointed in Obama and switched to Romney, your politics are very solidly Republican.

Anyway, you're part of the few that puts more than you put in. Although you don't get nothing. The society you live in benefits from an healthy and educated workforce, just because you don't use it doesn't mean the doctors you pay didn't or the teachers that education your grandchildren didn't either. There are all sorts of ways that society as a whole helps you.

I am not going to take it personally when you moan about welfare. I don't receive it at the moment, nor would I feel 'personally offended' if I did.

As for Scotland they, as a whole, do not cost you money. They are contributing more to the union than they take for the moment.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote