Thread: Football The Scottish Football Thread
View Single Post
Old 15-08-2014, 08:46   #948
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Re: The Scottish Football Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
London Road, I believe in fairness in sport. IF, a player dives in the box - l dont give a damn who the club is. Its cheating. If you watch the game agains, the St Johnstone player was tripped in the box - a penalty. The Celtic player ran into the box, yes he was pulled, then the Celtic player went on then magically does an Oscar winning winning dive and gets the penalty - whats fair about that. I believe that players know how to con the referee. To me it should be a red card offence for diving. And l dont care if Warsaw failed - l believe in fairness in football. I gave up being a referee, as so many players were doing the 'dive'act. And it wasnt backed up by the leagues l played in. If a Spurs player dives - then he should be red carded - simples. It should happen everywhere, and the club should fine the player for doing it. In Scottish football, l see it lots of times. But some referee's dont have the bottle to send players off. Its just as bad in the EPL.
If that wasn't really a penalty and he did dive then surely the St J player and team would have argued the fact?

He and they knew it was right, yes he did go down a bit dramatically but that doesn't take away from the fact that he was tackled harshly in the box.

Fairness in football?? Legia brok the ruels and were punished. Thats yer fairness in football right there.