View Single Post
Old 05-01-2019, 09:32   #2
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Re: Structured cabling best practices

At one of my sites, we inherited fibre to the office (FTTO). With the PCs relevant to that long gone, we were not going to buy fibre cards for each of our PCs. So we wired the place up with Cat 6 (for the long time in the future when PCs would have 10 gig cards).

Most of our campuses are as you described so that inter-office connection is by fibre and intra-office by Ethernet. That would be my recommendation.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote