Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 13-01-2021, 15:46   #2811
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmistoffelees View Post
You're wrong... again....

You CANNOT legally ban someone from entering a store due to a disability.

By law a store CANNOT ask someone what disability they have much less ask them to provide proof of it, but they can ask if someone has a disability.

This is why the announcements from the supermarkets are unfortunately just a token gesture.

Thankfully what you have posted will not occur, imagine telling a group of people in society that they can only shop at certain hours to keep another group of people happy.

Nope 100% right.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55633843

However, supermarkets can deny entry to their premises which is private property, and can call the police if someone refuses to follow the rules or becomes abusive.

---------- Post added at 14:46 ---------- Previous post was at 14:42 ----------

Also they could use health and saftey at work act.

Which basically has a bit that says the company has a duty of care to protect it staff for harm.

Not wearing on can be classed here.

Plus I didn't say disabled.

I said proof should be provided via a doctors letter not some tat, that can be bought without proof.

Last edited by Hom3r; 13-01-2021 at 15:50.