View Single Post
Old 11-01-2021, 20:55   #10234
telegramsam
telegramsam

Services: Sky Q,Multiscreen, Sky phone line, Sky broadband,Free view.
telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phunkenstein View Post
I would respectfully disagree.

The 16 game deals they have acquired are not really short bursts - the deals are for one match each round covering the group and knockout stages over what, 7 months or so? Not really a short burst or something played over a couple of weekends but having a first pick game featuring an Italian or german team? That's an attractive benefit to add value to a Prime membership.

And in regards to the EPL, I still believe they will be targeted in their ambition and may well want to stick to their 20 games but IF they did make a play for a weekly game? I don't see anything but upsides - being able to offer a game each round in a Prime membership? How does that not enhance value when persuading someone to sub for a year rather than pay £7.99 for a month?

I have pasted this article here before but it's a really informative interview and gives you a good idea of what Amazon takes into account when in the sports rights market but again it does emphasise that they are looking at what enhances value in a Prime membership - and state it's not a one size fits all approach.

I just don't think it's outside of the realm of impossibility.
To be honest it wouldn't entice me to a yearly sub. I might be persuaded to sub for a month if they had an attractive game or two that month but overall I'm more than happy with what Sky and BT are offering. I don't think many fans would be prepared to sub to yet another provider for sport long term.

Last edited by telegramsam; 11-01-2021 at 20:57. Reason: Predicted text error
telegramsam is offline   Reply With Quote