View Single Post
Old 11-01-2021, 19:43   #10232
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phunkenstein View Post
Not entirely the case - they have picked up a Champions league package in both Italy and Germany... granted it’s only one package but each one is a 16 game package and gives them a top pick on a particular night so I don’t think they have an issue with something that lasts a season rather than considering if it adds value to a Prime membership and generate more year long subs... the current package may give them a seasonal bump but I’d bet they’d rather lock in a year... I can easily see them maybe upping the stakes and making a play for something regular like one of the Saturday or weekday rounds but maybe not much more than that.

Your CL rights are exactly what I said - a concentrated coverage for a short period.

They have already stated that they are not interested in the sort of EPL packages you suggest as it means covering through the season for only 1 game a week which most people would not bother subscribing for - they want maximum impact for their money.
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote