View Single Post
Old 09-04-2018, 13:26   #5
daveeb
cf.mega poster

daveeb has reached the bronze age
daveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze age
Re: How To Get Open NAT On Xbox One X?

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
shouldn't make any difference at all because port forwarding and NAT (network address translation) are done by whatever router you are using and the homeplugs still pass their traffic through the router. You need to go into the port forwarding settings in the shub and forward port 54938 to whatever the ip address of the xbox is. This is where the shubs show their limitations because I am not sure if they have got these features but you could do with setting some static ips on a dhcp reservation list so that as an example your pc is 192.168.0.2, xbox 192.168.0.3, mobile phone 192.168.0.4 etc so if you ever have any networking issues with any device you know exactly what you are doing. I have only ever used the shub in modem mode with a proper router (purely for this reason) but I have just done a quick google and found this video which wil explain what to do though. Once again it is an absolute joke though that VM released a shub that didn't work and would have prevented you from using certain devices from the get go just because they cant make a router. Thank god modem mode was available.

Ta for info GM.
I'm not sure why it works, but it does. He gets 90 mbps solid now through the homeplugs on a 100 mbps connection, hasn't had a significant disconnection for a long time. When on wifi he could rarely complete a game without a connectivity issue around the NAT settings.
daveeb is offline   Reply With Quote