View Single Post
Old 08-01-2020, 10:24   #68
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: U.S Assassinates Top Iranian General

I do find this a little concerning.

The General, from what I have read, undoubtedly deserves his fate, so I have no concerns there.

I don't think Iran themselves poses an outright threat. They don't have the resources or manpower to do so.

What concerns me is terrorism. ISIS has not gone away, and there are likely other terrorist groups. Actions such as this will rally people to their cause, perpetuating the image of the evil West that oppresses the Muslims. Something which may well be storing up problems for the future.

Now, of course, Trump, loudmouth that he is, isn't going to discuss anything classified that the US may be doing to prevent terrorism. For all his faults, he isn't an idiot. He knows that if he did publicly announce some classified action and got good, honest, American soldiers killed, the Democrats and media would be all over that, and it'd likely terminate his chances of re-election, if not help the current impeachment action.

So it is entirely possible that the US is doing something they aren't telling us with the aim of preventing terrorism.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote