View Single Post
Old 13-04-2008, 21:16   #3154
80/20Thinking
Inactive

80/20Thinking is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

Quote:
Originally Posted by amateria View Post
Well spotted. I guess the strategic partner made the referral. What else are strategic partners for!
See, this is what happens in the hothouse. Phorm isn't a strategic partner, B-M is. How many of you have actually read through the 80/20 site?

As for accusations that we formed 80/20 especially for Phorm, please get a life. Phorm is a middle size startup. If we're to make an impression in the corporate privacy world we have to go well beyond that, which is what we intend to do. Have you looked at our privacy courses? Other clients? Our own plan for funding developing countries?

I'm sure this issue and Phorm are hugely important to all of you, but please don't assume that I or 80/20 see it as the Great Armageddon. There are critically important issues of the gravest magnitude out there, some - in many countries - involving life and death situations because of intrusion into personal information by authorities.

We are committed to the Phorm process just for that reason. It's a process. And that's fairly well unique in the corporate world. If you see me as the enemy then your world has become too small and your perspective too foggy.

I thought engaging on this forum was the right thing to do, but in between abusive and hostile posts, conspiracy theories, groundless accusations, spurious attacks and absolute misrepresentation of some facts I'm starting to have my doubts. My apologies to those of who who have been civil.

And Alexander, my apologies to you too. I get around 300 emails a day and I don't have enough hours in the day to get back to everyone.

As for the other questions, those answers can wait until the PIA has been published.

Simon